1.02.2023

Challenging Myself

I've barely challenged myself for most of my life, if not at all challenging myself. I've decided to try challenging myself for once. With my art and project I am currently trying to work on. I want to create my own comic/manga book but for the challenging part I am going to work on aspects of the story that I never do. For example, whenever writing things, I tend to lean towards the fantasy side. But not this time, I am going to try a sci-fi route. And I want to try to finish, at least the story aspect and maybe some sketches or maybe more, by the end of this year. And I am going to try to stick to it. I often get distracted by videogames or YouTube. Don't get me wrong I still am going to play videogames but a bit less (hopefully) and put all my focus on my project. I will say that my brain power is at a low right now and I'm struggling to get my creative side (of creating stories and worlds) is not really working but I know if I continue at it that I will get out of this rut. I'll get the gears going again, I just know it. And I dont know if its a lack of some inspiration or if literally my brain is being slow due to the amount of sleep I am getting (which varies from too much to too little). I also, while doing my project, want to improve my artwork somehow because I want it to look better than it does now. It doesn't have to be super in-depth and stuff but I want it to be a little more detailed and not just the same drawings of stuff I normally draw. I mean I can still draw those things/OCs but I want to expand my horizon of things to draw. Might mean I have to go back to the basics or something... Or maybe actually READ the books I've gotten over the years about drawing rather than using them for just references (lol), along with an anatomy book I got that I actually did want to read. I might put a pause on the novel I was reading to improve art. Because I can always pick up the novel later.

On top of all that I do want to lose some weight this year. Doesn't have to be a ton of weight but I've gained weight over the years since the passing of my mother (sweets + snacks + some alcohol does NOT equal happiness, though it might temporarily which is why I would have things like that). But I am going to try to do some small workouts and definitely eat healthier (once I go grocery shopping). 

Translate

Blog Archive