11.11.2022

Deleter Comic Paper, Legends & Lattes, and Gift Giving (for Christmas)

 I (re)discovered that Deleter Comic/Manga Paper is very nice to draw (and obviously ink) on. I had forgotten for a good amount of time about how good it was and how I ordered 200 Pages of it (technically a size a big bigger than I wanted but its still good). I've been using I recently on a couple of drawings and re-drawings though I cannot share them due to NSFW style drawing. The comic paper I have has the markers for the outlines/borders/frame marks. If I use this on the manga I am creating then I will know where the gutter is and the cut off on pages are and other such things.

I recently also tried to ink with Pen Nibs and completely ruined it because it wasn't dry yet. I was so discouraged but now I know to wait a long(er) time before erasing than before. I will say I was really sad when that happened and no amount of whiteout or white ink could fix it.

Oh and I found (and bought) a book called Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree. From what I read on the back, it sounds very similar to the original manga I was going to do. I'm glad I changed my story up now. I hope to read the book while on my drawing/writing/note-taking breaks. Its 296 pages. There is a Barnes and Noble Exclusive if you can find it (which is the one I have) but I attached a link to the Amazon one because it's cheaper on Kindle. it's been getting good reviews and ratings all around and Barnes & Nobles says its on of the Best Books of 2022. I was lucky as it was the last copy at my store which made me feel a sense of happiness and joy (I also have two mangas I want to read so I'll probably do a mix between manga and novel).

I've done Christmas Shopping for most people in my life. I still need to figure out what to do/get for some family members. I have about 3-4 members I need to do/get something for. I know it seems a bit early but its better to get it done now while things are still in stock rather when its closer to Christmas and things are out of stock. I might have also bought a controller holder for my PC/Xbox Controller but I hope my favorite (and a bit expensive) mechanical pencil will sit properly on it haha. Consider it an early gift to myself.




Translate

Blog Archive