11.09.2022

[Long Post] I've Already Decided on A New Year's Resolution (or whatever)

 


It's very similar to my resolution of this year but let's call it the 2.0 updated version of the resolution.

Since I've been drawing tons more, due to inspiration, motivations, and medication (prescribed by my psychologist), I decided to continue from mid/late October of this year (2022) into the next year.

I am taking just the same amount of time, if not more time, to focus my mind/heart/and soul to do anything relating to learning about drawing or doing more drawing.

From learning more about anatomy to practicing inking with either liners or pen nibs and ink to watching videos of drawing tips and trick (and taking notes along the way) to just sketching or drawing ideas and/or original characters.

Some Youtubers I recommend for Artists/Manga Artist-wannabes

Whyt Manga

Drawing Like A Sir

Marc Brunet (here's a vid where he recommends other artist)

DD Markk

(There are so many others though, some that I don't even know, but these are the ones I mainly watch.)

I shall also try to continue drawing a character from Oct 29th 2022 (when I started) to Feb 3rd 2022 or so, until I get 100 different types of characters, not limited to just human (hopefully).

I want to also try to sketch then draw then ink (with pen nibs) manga panels from either manga I own or manga panels I find on the internet as a learning experience of manga paneling and practice with pen nibs.

While doing all of this, over time of course, I am going to try time how long it takes me to draw or limit myself to a specific time for drawing.

I know I am doing most of this for the rest of 2022 but I want to continue the momentum for next year and further if possible.

I need to make use of my Wacom One (desktop/computer) tablet and maybe a little less of my iPad. Procreate has so many pre-installed brushes though lol. I say this mainly because I eventually want to validate an upgrade to my desktop/computer tablet once I get money somehow. 

I also need to invest some money in Bristol Paper as it is recommended for use of Copic Markers, which I also want to practice.

I recently, like today, found some sketchbooks that are about 6" x 8". I need to use those too, work on smaller drawings rather than bigger drawings.

Things I need to work on:

  • Different Clothing Styles and Clothing Creases
  • Backgrounds in General (buildings, forestry, etc.)
  • Different Body Types
  • Different Hairstyles than I'm used to
  • Facial and Body Expression (like a aggressive or arrogant character) + adding more feeling in the poses (like hugging)
  • Hands and Hand Poses/Positions
  • Figure Posing
  • Bare Feet
  • Different Types of Eyes
  • Perspective
  • Variety in Character Creation
  • And Probably some other things.

Lots to do for the rest of the year and next year and I am already making some progress. Slow and Steady wins the race and Practice makes Perfect (or at least better)

I know it might seem like a SHIT TON of things to do or work on but this is what I want to do and improve on. Drawing is how I escape from reality and distract myself from my depression, anxiety, paranoia, and stress. It's also fun despite it looking like a lot of work to do. 

And Don't worry, I am making sure I take breaks for meals and my hand/wrist. I am doing things to stretch and relieve tension/minor pain in my wrist and hand. And I have a bandage on my middle finger to try and help get less of an artist's/writer's callous. I also take breaks to play games (either solo or with friends) like Overwatch 2, ESO, or Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I don't want to take too long of a break because that might mess with my flow that I have currently.


Translate

Blog Archive